On this page are posted the publications or important information which WSMI receives from the World Health Organization, with a link provided to the WHO website for easy access, ordering or download.
The WHO Pharmaceutical Newsletter provides with drug safety reports, advice, warnings and other updates from regulatory authorities across the world and is received 6 times a year.
The WHO Patient Safety Newsletter (quarterly) with news items about patient safety. Issue N°8 of October 2011.
The Newsletter of the Secretariat of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control reflects on developments in the implementation of the convention.
The Bulletin of the World Health Organization (monthly) is an international journal of public health with a special focus on developing countries.
Other publications are listed chronologically:
- The Selection and Use of Essential Medicines - Report of the WHO Expert Committee, 2011 (including the 17th WHO Model List of Essential Medicines and the 3rd WHO Model List of Essential Medicines for Children). [access electronic version]
- WHO Expert Committee on Biological Standardization - Fifty-ninth report. [access elecronic version]
- WHO Expert Committee on Specifications for Pharmaceutical Preparations - Forty-sixth report. [access electronic version]
- World Health Statistics 2012. [access electronic version]
- Quality Control Methods for Herbal Materials. [access electronic version]
- Marketing Authorization of Pharmaceutical Products with Special Reference to Multisource (Generic) Products, a Manual for National Medicines Regulatory Authorities (NMRAs) - 2nd Edition. [access electronic version]
- The World Health Report - Health Systems Financing, The Path to Universal Coverage, WHO 2010.
[order from WHO]
- Atlas of Headache Disorders and Resources in the World 2011. [access electronic version]
- Health Systems and Services Annual Report 2009. [download]
- 2009 Summary Report on global progress in implementation of the WHO Framework Convention on
Tobacco Control. [access electronic version]
- Safety issues in the preparation of homeopathic medicines. [access electronic version]
- WHO Model Formulary 2008. [order hard copy] [access electronic version]
- WHO Expert Committee on specifications for pharmaceutical preparations - Forty-third report. [download]
- Report of the WHO interregional workshop on the use of traditional medicine in primary health care, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 23-26 August 2007. [download]
- A practical handbook on the pharmacovigilance of antimalarial medicines. [order hard copy]
- The selection and use of essential medicines - Report of the WHO Expert Committee, 2007. [download]
- WHO guidelines for assessing quality of herbal medicines with reference to contaminants and residues. [download]
- The World Health Report 2008 - Primary Health Care, Now More Than Ever.
[download or order hard copy]
- How to improve the use of medicines by consumers. [download]
- WHO Collaborating Centre for Chemical Reference Substances - Report on the work in 2007.